Home   1 - Seniors   Tullylish Seniors vs Mayobridge 25/04/2014

Tullylish Seniors vs Mayobridge 25/04/2014


TULLYLISH  0-10         MAYOBRIDGE 1-23


TULLYLISH suffered a heavy defeat at the hands of league front runners Mayobridge last Friday night at home.Mayobridge opened their scoring account with a burst of three points coming from Shane O’Hare, Conleth O’Hare and RyanBrady. It was in the 7th minute that Tullylish got their first score in the form of a free kick taken by John McAreavey. He followed up with another point merely moments later.

Winning the next two kick outs allowed the ‘Bridge to add to their advantage with two more points. A few minutes later a great save from Tullylish keeper Aaron O’Hagan resulted in a 45 which was then put wide by Mayobridge. John McAreaveyreplied with another point.

With solid defenders like Michael Lively in full back, the pressure was firmly put on the Tullylish forward line. A further 7 unanswered points including two superb long range efforts from Conleth O’Hare put the visitors firmly in the driving seat. Despite being under considerable pressure, John Savage in the Tullylish defence combined well with Seamus O’Hare to set up a late opportunity but the Bridge defence weathered the storm and two points from Ryan Brady just before the half time whistle left the visitors with an 11 point lead at the break.

The second half saw the Tullylish men re-emerge onto the field with new found vitality. A Mayobridge point and goal was then followed up with the first Tullylish point of the second half. Sterling work from Magee brothers Chris in full back and Conor in corner forward resulted in another pointed free from Pete Quinn.

Joe McDermott was supported by fellow half back Sean McDermott as they tirelessly worked the ball towards the scoring zone and with the help of Shannon Drainey, it was put over the bar.

Kevin McCartan and John McAreavey maintained great handling skills as they fed the ball to Chris Magee and he was next to add to the home side’s tally with a point.

But Mayobridge continued to attack with pace and stretched their lead with four more points in the next 10 minutes. After a Conor McManus point, the ‘Bridge were awarded a penalty 48th minute which was superbly saved by Aaron O’Hagan.

Two more points for each side were scored as Tullylish mid-fielder Kevin Murphy and half back Joe McDermott worked hard in the last few minutes but as the Mayobridge defence remained strong this proved a challenge. A further two points for the opponents secured a comfortable win for them.

Despite losing to such a physically strong and capable team, this did not deter the home side as they fought to the final whistle. Both management and players look forward to their next encounter against Glenn.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *