As a club Tullylish GAC are constantly striving to provide the best coaching and facilities for our young players. To achieve this it not only takes a great amount of time and effort from our dedicated team of volunteers from coaches to committee members but it is a large financial commitment. As you are probably aware 2 years ago we acquired a piece of land adjacent to our current grounds, we hope to develop this in the near future so we can provide this and future generations of young people with some of the best facilities not only in Down but the province of Ulster. Below shows some of the expenditure of the club over the last year to highlight the financial commitment required to run 8 underage teams.
- We must pay at least £7800 on our loan for the new piece of land, last year due to everyone’s tremendous support of the county draw tickets we paid off £15000
- GAA Registration fees for the whole club amounted to £8300
- It costs £2600 to insure all players from injury
- Underage presentation night costs the club £860
- Maintenance of our playing pitch costs £1000 we have also recently carried out re-soding and sanding for the 2014 season costing £3000
- Entry fees and costs for Underage blitzes £1250
- The underage trip to the international rules costs £540
- New underage goalposts £500
In view of this I ask that you continue the great commitment you have shown to the club in the past and once again support the Down county clubs draw. For a one off payment of £120 or an initial £20 and 10 payments of £10 per month you have the chance to win a share of the £110,000 prize money and help our club keep building for the future.
Vincent Doran (Chairman)